Sunday, February 19, 2006

 
9/28/05

Ms Reynolds
Based on our two telephone conversations and the email I received from you on 9/26/05, I would assume that you are the main spokesperson to determine whether there will be or should be a CRA negotiation between UAAD AND Chase Bank, as regulations under the Community Re-investment Act of 1977 and according to your performance evaluation that you sent to UAAD in the above mentioned email.
Due to your bank’s evaluation it is apparent that your statement and a similar statement by Ms. Coleman and others that “I am proud of Chase Bank’s CRA performance” will indicate how Chase Bank employees feel that they have no obligation to African Americans. I base this assumption on past and present practices. Chase Bank has contributed to the lack of financial support to the victims of Katrina, especially the people of the 9th ward in New Orleans. As a former police officer I feel obligated to investigate both violations of regulations and criminal acts.
The violations and inhuman treatment, of your bank with your assistance, espouses on African Americans and others should be investigated by Congress, Jesse Jackson, Minister Farrakan, ACORN and Amnesty International. I would ask the FDIC and OCC to again investigate as I did in 1999. I found out in 1999, when Clinton was in office, they supported rather than condemned Bank One’s wrongful acts. Now with Bush causing lost of life disproportionately in Iraq and now in New Orleans, we certainly do not want any assistance from him or his administration. Therefore it is UAAD’s intent to ask Amnesty International to investigate and come to the assistance of those so in need of “help”. I believe that Chase Bank is in violation of the “Rico Act” and an international body should assist in pursuing charges. Had Bank One acted in good faith in 1995 with CRA negotiations with UAAD/UEDC, it is my belief that the living conditions in the 9th ward of New Orleans and other communities would have been improved and thousands of lives probably would not have been lost. The end blame should be put on the federal agencies who should be obligated to protect “all” the people and not adhere to the Bush doctrine of freedom and liberty for Caucasians only.
I as CEO of this organization feel as I did when taking an oath as a police officer, an obligation to serve and protect the rights of all, regardless of race, creed or color. You would thing that the FBI and others in law enforcement would adhere to a similar oath that I myself fell obligated. Such federal agencies that practice and uphold discrimination provide fertile ground for right wing extremists and outlaw banks also supported by Bush and his mother.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?